About the Kegonsa Coinvest Fund
The Kegonsa Coinvest Fund I, LLC (the "Fund") is a Wisconsin-based growth stage investment fund.
The Fund is managed by Kegonsa Capital Partners, LLC, a Wisconsin-based venture capital management firm. Managing director Ken Johnson is among 73 investors in the Fund.
Since 2007 the Fund has made 13 investments totaling $7.6 million. 12 of the investments were in growth-stage companies (i.e., companies with revenue from product sales but who are not yet cash flow break even). The remaining investment was a late stage investment in which the Fund participated in an offering led by Goldman Sachs.
Of the Fund's 13 investments, ten were made as part of a syndicate. Five of the ten syndicate offerings were led by the Fund.
To date, one Fund portfolio company has had an exit; one portfolio company has been dissolved; and the remaining companies are ongoing.
Facts and Figures
- From 2007 to 2012, the Fund has made 13 investments totaling $7.6 million.
- Ten Fund investments were made as part of a syndicate. Five of the ten syndicate offerings were led by the Fund.
- The Fund's average investment is $450,000 per offering with an average offering size of $3.4 million.
- The Fund has raised a total of $40.8 million in 12 growth stage offereings.
- The Fund's annual rate of return is 4.7 percent from inception to July 2012.
- All of the Fund's investments have been made in Wisconsin-based companies.